Wehrly Bros Winter League 2020/2021
Entry for this year’s Winter League is now open. An Entry Sheet is available on the Men’s Noticeboard.
Dates: 01-Nov-20, 15-Nov-20, 29-Nov-20, 13-Dec-20, 17-Jan-21, 07-Feb-21, 28-Feb-21, 07-Mar-21 (spare), 21-Mar-21 (spare), 18-Apr-21
• 9 Hole Four-Ball.
• V-Par on Championship Course and Stableford on the Bomore Course
• Teams of Two.
• Same partnerships as last winter League ARE permitted except for leading 6 pairings in 2019/2020 event.
• Minimum 8 Teams per Section. Morning sections and Afternoon Sections.
• Morning sections scheduled to commence 9.30a.m. each Sunday
• Afternoon Sections scheduled to commence at 12.30p.m. each Sunday.
• Shotgun start for all qualifying rounds,
• 7 Qualifying Rounds over 9 Holes on the Championship course & Bomore course in alternate series.
• Dates: 01-Nov-20, 15-Nov-20, 29-Nov-20, 13-Dec-20, 17-Jan-21, 07-Feb-21, 28-Feb-21, 07-Mar-21 (spare), 21-Mar-21 (spare), 18-Apr-21
• Entry Fee: €60 per person – includes Meal. Entry fee debited from your club account on 2nd Nov 2020. Competitors should make sure you are in credit for this
• Eligible Juvenile members €35
• The entry is confined to the following categories:
- Male members of all playing categories including Juvenile members aged 14 or over on 1st November 2020. Juvenile members; maximum handicap allowed for the event shall be 18. Only one Juvenile member allowed per pairing
- Subject to availability a maximum of 10 adult guests of members which guests must have a current GUI approved handicap & such guests must partner a member eligible to play. Entry fee €80 payable in the Club office & date of payment will determine priority. Priority will be afforded to members & then to members guests on a first come first served fully paid team basis
- A lapsed member of the Club who has committed to re-joining the club for 2021 & is eligible to play
• Enter names on sheet provided on Club notice board
• A member may put his name down with a view to another individual putting his name alongside to form a pairing or the Committee endeavouring to form a pairing
• Names entered will be updated by the committee on the Men’s Club notice board from time to time.
• Entry fees will be collected as provided for above i.e.
• €60 by way of card deduction on 3rd November
• €80 payable by members guests in Club Office
• €35 payable by Juvenile members by card deduction on 3 Nov.
• Full CONGU handicap required.
• Closing Date for Entries: Wednesday 30 September
• Best score on each course for every qualifying round (Day Prize).
• A team can win only one “Day Prize” during the competition.
• Section Winners.
• Format: Four Ball – V-Par on Championship Course and Stableford on Bomore in alternate series.
• Handicap: 9/20 of Full Handicap except that eligible Juvenile members cannot play off a handicap higher than 18.
• Match Winner: Better ball V-Par on Championship course or Stableford on Bomore course, score on the card over 9 holes.
• Score: 1 point for a drawn match – 3 points for a Win.
• It is the responsibility of players to enter match results on the results record sheets in the Lounge as soon as practicable after conclusion of the match. Failure to do so could result in Zero points being allocated by the Committee to both teams.
• Results of matches cannot be agreed by players by prior arrangement save where a team cannot fulfil a particular fixture & notify their opponents in advance and the 3 points are awarded to the team who are in a position to play.
• A substitute may be allowed, at the discretion of the Committee, up to and including Round 4
• Entry fees MUST be paid in full before a player participates in the event.
• Top 4 teams, from each section, qualify for the final. The Committee may revise this figure for a section containing other than 8 pairings.
• In the event of a tie the best score on the final qualifying day will decide qualification.
• Tied scores will be determined by way of last 6, last 3, last 1.
• If play is suspended or abandoned on the day of a qualifying round any match which has not completed on that day shall be replayed in its entirety on an alternate date to be nominated by the Committee.
• Format: v Par over 18 holes on the Championship course.
• Competitions for Qualifiers & Non-Qualifiers.
• Presentation of Prizes & Meal – 18-Apr-2021.
THE COMMITTEE’S DECISION ON ALL MATTERS IS FINAL.