Mats are to be used on Fairways and Par 3’s during Winter League. Play it as it lies in rough and semi rough subject to the Rules of Golf.
- Section 1: Leading out in this section is Gary Byrne & James Barnicle with full points. Unfortunately Gary has to pull out and a lot of pressure will fall on his substitute? They are odds on to qualify with the following partnerships Edwards/Flaherty and Ryan Senior and Junior. The battle for the last position is up for grabs? Could this be the year that the Sponsor finally qualifies? A lot of pressureon Dermot Mc Dermot with the Legal Eagles Higgins/Johnson currently in the qualifying positiion.
- Section 2: This Section is very tight with 5 pairings currently leading on 6 points. I forecast that Flanagan/Kielty will be surprise qualifiers with Quinn/Leonard all other positions are challenging to forecast. The big question in this Section is ‘ What has gone wrong for Stafford/O’Hara ?’It must be the new job!!!
- Section 3: Owens/Moylan after winning the Day prize on Round 1 have faltered and that is a surprise!! Great to see Michael Gillen and Eddie Gilligan in top spot and they should qualify. Currently Winter League favourites Feeney/Brady are laying in 4th spot but I expect them to qualify.
- Section 4: Another tight section with 7 out of 8 teams in contention? Mc Manus/Reilly will need full points in the 2nd half to qualify. The leaders are bringing in a sub so they will be challenged as Rahilly has been in great form!! Mc Manus/Gaynor should qualify?
- Section 5: Leaders Parkinson/Parkinson are leading this section with father Leo playing all the golf? They are a certainty to qualify with Gaughan/Lynam. The other 2 spots are very tight but Feeney has a record of coming through each year in the 2 half of the League so pressure is on Hugh to perform? Heelan/Mc Donagh are dark horses and are worth an outside bet!!
- Section 6: The old men of O’Sullivan/Taylor are definite favourites to qualify with Armstrong/Mc Elhone . Very surprised to see O’Brien/Davey struggling but there is time yet to catch up. The Father and Son combinations will be in the mix to qualify as well.
- Section 7: This is a very close section with all teams in contention I fancy Gallagher/Gavin with their experience to qualify along with Lynch/Mc Donnell after that it is all to play for with Dent/Reidy on a bit of a roll?