Wehrly’s Winter League 2016/17
Sponsored by: Wehrly Bros
- Four-Ball Matchplay V-Par and Stableford
- Teams of Two (cannot play with last year’s partner).
- 8 Teams per Section (proposed 7 sections = 112 players).
- Each team play 7 Qualifying Rounds over 9 Holes on the Main Course & Bomore in alternate series.
- Final Day: 18 Holes on Main Course for Qualifiers & Non-qualifiers.
- Dates: 6 Nov, 20 Nov, 4 Dec, 22 Jan, 5 Feb, 19 Feb, 5 Mar,
- FINAL: Sunday 26th March 2017
- Entry Fee: €50 per person – includes Presentation Dinner.
- To enter a member must be fully paid-up (2016) and 18 years or older (other than section 1)
- Entry fee of €100 per team, to be enclosed in the envelope provided (envelopes will be available beside the Competitions’ computer). Junior entry fee €35 (not eligible to Winter League dinner)
- Write names on the envelope and post entry fee in Competition’s Box.
- Updated the Entry Sheet on the Men’s Club notice board.
- Single names accepted – Partners will be organized where possible.
- Full handicap required.
- Best score on each course for every round (Day Prize).
- A team can win only one “Day Prize” only during the competition.
- Section Winners.
- Format: Four Ball – Match Play V-Par on Main Course and Stableford on Bomore in alternate series.
- Handicap: 9/20 of Handicap.
- Winner: Better Ball V-Par or Stableford score over 9 holes.
- Score: 1 point for a Draw – 3 points for a Win.
- All matches must start on time.
- Scorecards must be completed and returned.
- Players must enter results on the record sheets in the Bar.
- All Matches must be decided on the Course.
- A team that misses their time slot forfeits the match with 3 points to opposition.
- A substitute may be allowed up to Round 4, at the discretion of the competitions’ committee, when a player withdraws from the competition.
- Postponed rounds will be re-scheduled for the following Sunday.
- Entry fees must be paid before start of the competition.
- Top 4 teams, from each section, qualify for the final.
- In the event of a tie the best score on the final day will decide qualification.
- Format: v Par over 18 holes on the Main Course.
- Competition for Qualifiers & Non-qualifiers.
- Presentation Dinner – March 26th at 7.30pm – including prizes for Section Winners.
THE COMMITTEE’S DECISION ON ALL MATTERS IS FINAL.